At 07:01 AM 4/16/96 -0500, Debbie Somers wrote:
>Keith Stokes wrote:
>>   We thought it was cute. The
>> next night, we had a sign (and cheer): FUNNEL, FUNNEL, FUNNEL.
>
>Several years ago, the WIAA (Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic
>Association ... high school sports bureaucratic types) said that using
>the "SIEVE" cheer was unsportsmanlike and wouldn't be permitted at high
>school hockey games.  Since high school hockey fans are, of course,
>college hockey fans in-training, this statement merely got the creative
>juices flowing.  At the next home game, the student fans had all raided
>their mother's kitchen and, upon scoring, held up and hollered out
>"COLANDER - COLANDER - COLANDER."  Gotta love it.

Oh good.  Someone gave me a reason to go off on the WIAA.  For those of you
that really have no clue what this is about, or just don't care, I'm sorry.

The WIAA also has a "rule" that says something to the effect that there will
be no noise made while someone is taking a free throw.  OK, that works.

The WIAA is just a bunch of old men up in Stevens Point, WI trying to
re-live their high school careers in an Al Bundy-like fashion.  Not to
mention that they have an obvious bias against certain schools (like my alma
mater).

There, now I can go on with my day.  Thanks for the opportunity to vent.

Todd D. Milewski   [log in to unmask]
"When you say Wisconsin, You've said it all!"