On Fri, 12 Apr 1996, John Haeussler wrote:
> on Monday.  He has 67-58--125 and 354 PIM in 108 games at
>
> Seriously, he had 143 penalty minutes this season but only 39
> penalties.  Unofficially, I have that as 29 minors, 3 majors and
> 7 DQ/misconducts.  He was DQ'ed twice for fisticuffs.  So, for
> simplicity, let's say he had 63 PIM (29 minors, 1 major) for his
> normal play, 30 PIM (2 majors, 2 DQs) for fighting and 50 PIM
> (5 misconducts) for his extensive vocabulary. :-)

---Anybody have the top 10 penalty leaders in the leagues or alltogether
and a top 10 penalized teams in the NCAA....would be interesting to see!!!
--- College is over-penalized by officials so I'm sure their are some high
numbers.
--A lot of pro teams consider penalty minutes important....It tells what
type of player you are....(Im not refering to undisciplined)...I'm sure
Dallas is licking their chops- when looking at Boteril play...Guys like
Keith Katchuck, Eric Lindros, Rick Tochet, etc. are all guys that can put
the puck in the net and also mix it up on the ice......these palyers are
few and far between---> Power Forwards....

Just a thought
---penalty minutes aren't such a bad thing, oviously if your in the box
more than out on the ice--your hurting the team....but guys like Boteril
and Landon Wilson might have been better off to play major junior, where
its a lot rougher, and if a guy sticks your goalie--->he better watch his
back...Every time Landon Wilson would hit a guy, he'd be in the box. I
think thats why he left.  It seems power forwards aren't as well regarded in
College Hockey....
--I hope Botteril finishes his career at Michigan as well, I guess if he
does he'd be playing in his first GLI of his college career

Jason Roy
University of Manitoba
Go Tech!!!!!