Someone asked recently how many of the 44 (oops, 43) schools that play a
Div-I hockey schedule are not Div-I.  The answer is 17.  These 17 are:
UMass-Lowell, Merrimack, RPI, Union, Clarkson, St. Lawrence, LSSU,
Ferris State, Alaska-Fairbanks, Colorado College, Denver,
Alaska-Anchorage, Northern Michigan, North Dakota, Minn-Duluth,
St. Cloud State, and Michigan Tech.

This has come up several times before on Hockey-L.  I think that I
got it correct.  The answer is definitely 17, but I maybe wrong
about Ferris State and another school should be in its place.

What always surprises me is that the two Big-10 schools, Minnesota
and Wisconsin, are the only real Div-I schools in the WCHA.

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74