WOW!! This would put a WONDERFUL twist to this situation. This would screw UIC
twice for one season: first, they guarantee basketball a huge budget and then
they'd be (legally) forced to do something they don't want to do (spend money
on hockey). Oh how I love the irony!!! However, back to reality: the CCHA would
probably settle cash. Nonetheless, I wish the other schools would get together
behind the CCHA and force UIC to play (ie. stab them and twist the blade) out
the final year.

And yes, if UIC was forced to field a team, I would go see them play.

With continued contempt for UIC athletics,
++ Paul - UIC `92

On Apr 3,  9:13am, Steve Weisfeldt eloquently stated:
> Subject: UIC Folding
# While at the Final Four, I saw in an article in the Cincy paper a blurb
# about how the CCHA commissioner was beside himself regarding UIC's leaving
# the conference.  He claimed that the association has a law that a school
# must give the league a years notice before it can leave and that UIC was
# breaking their contract with the league.  Does the CCHA plan to persue
# legal action?  Would this accomplish anything?
#
# HOCKEY-L is for discussion of college ice hockey;  send information to
# [log in to unmask], The College Hockey Information List.

--
Paul A. Troy           [log in to unmask]            847/435-6547

** As of 1/20/96, the area code has changed from 708 to 847.      O-
- Beckett and Calavicci in `96 - Putting right what once went wrong.
- UIC Hockey: 1980-1996.  RIP.   :<
- Coming in second only means that you will be the first loser.
- Today's weather:  hard top on (until March 29!).  :(  MCA: #50778