At 07:56 PM 4/22/96 -0500, Lee Urton wrote:

>I don't recall the last time that a game was snowed out in either
>Anchorage or Fairbanks. In contrast, how many New England games needed to
>be re-scheduled this year because of bad weather?

I may be taxing the old brain cells here but to my knowledge there has never
been a weather-related cancellation of a UAF home game.  As for UAA, I defer
to any Seawolf fans on this issue.  Not much in the way of winter can
surprise us here.  In fact, any travel problems into Alaska during hockey
season can usually be traced to: a)fog in Seattle, or b) volcanic activity
(not as likely but much more interesting to explain to the folks back home).

Of course there's a price for this "consistency" in winter weather matters.
I had the distinct privilege of having to start the car between games during
the 1994 Great Alaska Face-Off in Fairbanks due to temperatures of -45
degrees.  Predictable, yes.  Enjoyable, hmm....  Home ice advantage, only if
they skate outside!

Gotta try to get JohnH to stick his tongue onto a Pepsi can in Fairbanks
some January :)

Cheers,
Mark Sonnier
UAF '90, '96