>Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>anyone want to suggest a nearby place where hockey-l'ers might bump into
>each other while having a sandwich and beverage before going into the
>Gahden, ...er Fleet Center this Friday and Saturday?

>Same question for once inside...anyone familiar with the building want to
>suggest a place to meet between games?

My suggestions for HOCKEY-L folks at HE playoffs:

(Feel free to add your name to the list below if you want to be
found during the games at the New Garden on Friday/Saturday.)

Fleet Center entrances: Are all the way through North Station,
near the commuter rail platforms (not near Causeway Street like
the old Garden.)  The ticket windows, on the other hand, are
where the old Garden ticket windows were, inside the building;
enter opposite where Portland Street meets Causeway Street.

Fleet Center layout: Loge (lower) sections run from 1 to 22,
balcony sections run from 301 to 330, going around the ice.
(You lucky souls who have luxury box level tix are on your own.)
Center Ice: Loge sections 1, 22 on team bench side, sections 12,
13 on penalty box side; balcony 301, 330 on team bench side,
316, 317 on penalty box side.  Other sections are spaced fairly
evenly around the ice, so you can calculate your own spot.
Loge seats are pretty good, balcony seats are very high up (especially
compared to the old Garden balcony side seats.)

Fleet Center concessions: higher quality than old Garden (that
wasn't hard), higher prices than almost anywhere.

Regarding meeting between games inside the Fleet Center:
   I suggest gathering in the large eating area opposite the
concession stands near Section 16/17 on the Loge level, in the
corner behind the escalator that leads up to the Balcony level.
This should provide plenty of area, keep us out of the flow of
traffic, and give us places to set down our food/drinks, etc.
(Section 16/17 is near the corner where the Zamboni's come out.)
That is where I will be between games.

Regarding meeting before games for eating/drinking:
   I will not be available before the games on Friday but would be on
Saturday.  Some will want to eat, some will want to drink, some will want
both.  There are numerous bars/restaurants near the Fleet Center, with
many more in the Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall area.  I think the best bet
might be the Commonwealth Brewing Co., a micro-brewery/restaurant at the
corner of Portland St. and Valenti Way, about a block from Causeway Street
toward the Quincy Market area.  If anyone wants to commit to Friday they
can; I will be willing to be there on Saturday (3:30PM?) if people want to
get together -- please send me private email if you are interested.  Or
you can make your own plans ....  There are various other options in the
immediate area (leaving out the fast food/pizza joints):

   Along Causeway Street, starting from the T station, westward:
      Sports Cafe (inside North Station/old Garden building),
      The Harp (Irish bar/restaurant), Papa Gino's (further down).

   On Canal Street (intersects Causeway St. at the T station):
      Sullivan's Tap, Fours Boston (bar/restaurant - sports-oriented),
      Beanpot Grille & Sports Bar.

   On Friend Street (intersects Causeway St. west of Canal):
      Chameleon Bar & Grill (ground floor)/Bangkok House II
      (upstairs), Irish Embassy Pub, Road Trip (trendy new eatery
      at end of Friend Street towards Quincy Market, 2 short blocks
      from Causeway).

   On Portland Street (intersects Causeway St. west of Friend):
      McGann's Pub (Irish), RJ Fitz Saloon, Commonwealth Brewing
      Co. (already mentioned), Paddy Burke's Pub.

Volunteered location of some HOCKEY-L participants:
Ron Correia <[log in to unmask]>:
   Friday:  Loge 20, Row 15, Seats 20-21
   Saturday:  Loge 20, Row 11, Seats 14-17

Rick McAdoo <[log in to unmask]> and Linda Harrison:
   Friday:  Loge 1, Row 14, Seats 18-19
   Saturday:  Loge 12, Row 17, Seats 6-7

Hope to see lots of folks at the games!
Rick McAdoo                        [log in to unmask]
"Volunteer reporter"               A hopeful BC fan.  GO EAGLES!