David Erickson said:
>Unless I've mis-remembered, the Ivies (and others, notably NESCAC schools) do
>not offer either athletic OR academic scholarships...

I can't speak for any of the other Ivy schools (I believe you mentioned
Harvard specifically), but Cornell has several scholarship and fellowship
programs based on academic merit, and I would expect that the other Ivies,
and most other colleges and universities, do as well.  In fact, my
impression is that at least two of Cornell's varsity hockey players are
Cornell Tradition Fellows, which means they receive a grant each year based
on meeting certain requirements of academic performance, student
employment, and community service.

You are, however, correct in remembering that the Ivies do not offer
scholarships on the basis of athletic merit.

Jeffrey Anbinder
Cornell University Development