> is the trick question for this year.  Unlike Greg who suggests that
> Vermont will get an East Region bye, I suspect the committee may decide
> that the top 4 ranked teams will get byes ... thus sending someone
> (Michigan as things currently stand) to an East Regional bye. I'd love
> to be a fly on the wall, as they say, during this year's selection
> committee conference calls and meeting.

Excuuuuuuuuse me, but I never suggested anything about seeding *order*, only
the selection criteria (which I am now being told is only a guide, and
not deterministic, anyway, so who gives a Dole.)

Ain't no way UVM gets a bye.  It's a question of which west squad,
Michigan by the book or Minnesota by the $$$, gets E2.  My guess is that
to understand the NCAA you need look no further than the end of their
cash register.

(Anyway, we wouldn't want to give an ECAC team a bye.  That would be wrong...)

- The Aforelibeled Greg