>  Why has the WCHA chosen to conduct their Championship weekend out of
>synch with the other conference tournaments and the NC$$s to follow ??

I think their only reason for doing this is that the Bradley Center is
occupied the weekend all the other conferences have their tournaments.

The WCHA Final Five is March 7,8 and 9.  I think everyone else has their
tourneys the next weekend, the 15-16.  However, the Bradley Center has the
first and second rounds of the NCAA Basketball tournament the 14th and 16th
(or is it the 15th and 17th ... oh well).

The WCHA has a contract with the Bradley Center that it will play the Final
Five there this year, and every other year for a few more years.

Hope this is right, and hope it clears things up.

Todd D. Milewski   [log in to unmask]
"U-Rah-Rah Wisconsin!"