--PART.BOUNDARY.0.6572.emout04.mail.aol.com.825757369

here are the details of the game...reported by the arizona daily star.
veronica

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.6572.emout04.mail.aol.com.825757369

Icecats lose to Penn St. in playoffs
The Arizona Icecats' season came to an end yesterday with a 4-2 loss to P=
enn State in the American =

Collegiate Hockey Association championship tournament in Athens, Ohio.
Needing a win to have any chance of advancing to the final game, Arizona =
got off on the wrong foot =

by giving up a goal in the opening minute.
``One of their players lifted the puck in, and it deflected off one of ou=
r defenders into the net,'' said =

Arizona coach Leo Golembiewski.
Penn State made it 2-0 before Arizona got on the board when Kevin Oztekin=
 scored unassisted at 11:44 =

of the first period.
Joel Nusbaum tied the game just over four minutes into the second period,=
 but the Nittany Lions =

scored once in the second and once in the third to pull away.
``We came back well, but we missed some great chances,'' said Golembiewsk=
i, who saw his team =

outshoot the Nittany Lions 45-35.
Missing chances hurt Arizona all week; the Icecats outshot all three of t=
heir opponents despite going 1-
2 in round-robin play.
``The kids came out playing and never gave up,'' Golembiewski said. ``We =
were in all these games, =

but that's where youth hurts you.''
Arizona ended the season 23-8-1 and fifth in the country, despite a roste=
r half-filled with freshmen, =

which makes Golembiewski optimistic about the future.
``We lose Oztekin, (Mark) Phawley and (John) Muntz, but we've got lots of=
 people coming back,'' =

Golembiewski said. ``We'd like to bring about six skaters in and a goalie=
 or two, but we should be =

strong next year.''
NOTES: Arizona forward  Peter Scott separated his left shoulder on his fi=
rst shift of the game and =

didn't return. . . . Arizona State finished seventh in the tournament.  =

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.6572.emout04.mail.aol.com.825757369--