These are comments from a UM fan perspective, so that should help you put it
into the proper perspection.
Best game I've seen since UM involved in since the UM/Maine triple OT.  UM
came out skating hard, hitting hard, and controlling the puck and CONTINUED
it through the whole game.  During the first period, UM had to play
shorthanded for over 4 and 1/2 minutes, twice down by 2 men and held MSU
scoreless.  The refering was fine by me but the crowd took high exception and
really gave it to Piotrowski the whole first period.  Once UM was at full
strength, they put on a power display of their own with tremendous  pressure
but no goals.
My one big note at 9:14 of the second period and a 0-0 game - UM controlling
play in the second, puck is in the offensive zone most of period.  Madden
scored on a pass from Luhning who got the puck on a football type of pass
from Legg who lifted down the ice over MSU's players heads.
No disrespect to Anson Carter who seemed to be on the ice for about 45
minutes, but UM just shuts him down.  I keep waiting for him to score against
us but UM has his number or something.
Three stars of the game were mentioned by k baker, but Marty Turco deserves
mention for his shutout and Bubba Berenzwieg deserves special attention for
what I consider his best game.  At one point MSU had a bit of breakaway.
 Bubba caught up to the man, completely checked him off his skates, took the
puck and went the entire lenght of the ice with the puck leading the charge.
 Very exciting moment that the crowd loved.
Anyway, this was a hard fought very close game (1-0 after 45 minutes of
playing) that was very exciting to be at.
Now the even  tougher game against the team with the best record the last few
weeks - BGSU.
Steve Bartley