I had meant to respond to that post about penalty boxes a couple days
ago,  but it slipped my mind.   As I recall,  Yale's is the most blatantly
unfair arrangement.   My kids used to play down there quite regularly,  and
every time I've been in that building I've wondered why the ECAC has never
forced Yale into modifying the layout.    As I remember it (getting old is a
...:- ),  the home penalty box is just adjacent to the home bench and the
visitors' is far far away from theirs (perhaps even all the way across the
ice?).

     The above observation,  however,   is probably just another
manifestation of what Geoff was talking about regarding the ECAC.   It is
the conference of characters and individualism  --  figuratively speaking
 --  if it is possible to talk about college hockey programs like that.

     Lastly,  although I thought I'd never say this (as a lover of green and
gold teams with an intense dislike of anything crimson or red),  it looks
like Lynah will be the place to be this weekend.   That is gonna be a WAR.

     -- Dick Tuthill