responsible for the ice problems today? Was it a simple equipment
failure in pipes or cooling, or was the ice made poorly? As we all
know, to some extent, ice-making is an art. This in mind, who was
charged with that job at the coliseum this week? That building has not
hosted a regular team since the WHA Stingers(defunct 1978 I believe),
and has only sporadically had to make ice for events like Ice Capades
in those nearly 20 years. The ice at Miami University and the
Cincinnati Gardens(home of the IHL Cyclones), both nearby, has always
been satisfactory and I wonder if any of that expertise was utilized?

The problem with the ice was not equipment failure, but human error.
When the workers were clearing the holes to replace a net, someone
drilled the hole to deep and put a small hole in an antifreeze pipe.
Naturally, the cooling system had to be shut down until it could be
repaired after the first game.  Unfortunately, things can go wrong as
as Muphy's Laws would agree, they tend to happen at the worst times.

As to a question in another message, Miami University is the host
school.