> IMO, the crew of Frank Cole, Drew Taylor, and Bill Jones is the best
> in college hockey.  I thought they called a pretty decent game
> Saturday night.  I was surprised to hear afterward that the LSSU side
> had a problem with the officiating.  I've seen poorly officiated
> games, and this was not one of them.  Did Bill and Scott think that
> officiating decided the game, and in what way?

Well they didn't really come right out and say, "Frank Cole reffed this
game so bad that is why we lost."  What did happen was that throughout
the whole game (especially the second period) Bill Crawford kept on
saying things like, "That should have been a penalty on Vermont, boy,
they are getting away with murder here."  That's not even close to a
exact quote, but its what he conveyed.

My question was, "Was the game that badly officiated, or was I just
misled to believe that because of Crawford's seeming dislike for
Frank Cole and his obvious over bias for LSSU?"

Realize that I just wanted to hear how the game was progressing.  Was it
a good game, or were our players playing bad.  Crawford made the thing
sound so bad that no one knew that.

Another thing Crawford started saying was how tired LSSU looked.  Give me
a break.  Not once (but don't blame my memory) during the regular season
did Crawford mention anything about the players being tired on a Saturday
night after playing Friday.  It was like he started to say this as
eventual excuse if the Lakers did lose.  I'm betting dollars to donuts
that if the Lakers won we wouldn't have heard any more about LSSU being
tired.  Lets face it, these players are in great shape and YOUNG and able
to recover.  They would have been ready to play Saturday morning if need be.

To recap, I think Bill Crawford doesn't call a game in a very nuetral way
and this makes it very hard to understand how the actual game is going.

As a last gasp chance I've heard people talking about the game winning
goal by Vermont and how the net might have been off the mooring.  I can't
remember Crawford even saying that it was questionable.  Comments.

Still wondering if anyone has a tape of this game.