Nathan Boyle writes:

Glad we'd head to the east bracket.  Not that the east is easy, but we
know we can take Clarkson, and WMU.  Vermont I think lost to Minn mid
season, and we played well against Minn in the next game.  I like our
odds much better if we get seeded in the east.  But thats me. (snip)

Also, I think Brian Morris quoted CC's coach as saying that the east
had teams which consisted of "one line and a good goaltender."

Frankly I am tireed of the blatant lack of respect/appreciation
of western fans for eastern teams.  I was going to say that last
year's Final was an all-east affair or that the final fours have been
fairly well matched in recent years (maybe minus the 9-1 shellacking
of BU to LSSU), or that maybe (Nathan) BGSU and Clarkson split this
year on a SLOW Clarkson start to the 95-96 season which does not
indicate to me that BGSU can 'handle' tech (who is on a 12 game
unbeaten streak (maybe I shouldn't speak too soon) ).

I've noticed that western teams seem to favor size and strength
while eastern teams seem to be a bit smaller.  It is also a fact
that many of the bottom Div I dwellers are eastern teams. But
getting a bid in Albany is NOT a cake walk.  Any team getting
a bid will fight hard to win.  Rarely will a team completely
collapse at the end, even if it's a "weaker" eastern team...

2 cents,

Dan

BTW Mr. Boyle, just because a>b and b>c does not necessarily
mean that a>c on any given night in college hockey OR pro hockey.
How about UMass Amhearst beating UMaine last year, or
Hartford beating Pittsburgh last night...