rookies.

Lowell extends in nation-leading streak without a loss, but it was
disappointing not to see them do it convincingly. I was at the game
last night and they simply let Merrimack have its way ... it almost
cost them! I have to admit I was impressed with Merrimack's 4th
line of Mailhiot and some kid with #24 who was moving too fast for
me to get his name. ;) Lowell could finish 3rd in HE if they don't
play better against BU and Maine. But .... get this ... if Lowell
beats both BU and Maine, what do you think the chances of them
getting the #2 seed in the Eastern Regionals ... especially if they
fare well in HE's tourney. Could happen! They should get at least
the #3 seed in the East. All I know is that they better not get
screwed again with a Western seed.

Other Hockey East action saw Providence's tourney hopes dwindling.
It would have been nice to see a 4th HE team in the tourney but now
it looks like the West will get their 7-5 split. What about Maine???
They layed down ... good! We play them on the last game of the season
and if we beat BU next weekend, we'll need to beat Maine as the
topping on the cake. Lowell's shot at first place in HE was also hurt
with BU's overtime goal Friday. Note, Providence has a flashy freshman
who goes by the name of Lake ... keep an eye on this kid!

On the national scene...ummmm, Minnesota loses to St. Cloud....
doh!!!!!! Denver also seems to be engaged in major slipping
action. If the West gets 7 teams in the tourney, could 5 of
them be from the CCHA? Could be! Bowling Green had a good weekend.
What if Bowling Green wins the CCHA tourney, does that give them an
automatic bid? That would leave Denver out. What if Denver continues
to slip? Bowling Green could get in if they finish strong and show
some people in the CCHA tourney. Michigan spanks Mich. State ... who
says Michigan can't win a big one once in a while???

Is there any statistics on National or League Rookie Scoring
Leaders? Keep me posted please.

That's all...