Sent by:Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>

> In an article titled "Rollin' on the River: UMass-Lowell shows Hawk
hockey
> works" the Boston Globe features the hot River Hawks (six game winning
> streak).

The current six game winning streak that DaveH mentions is the longest
Lowell winning streak since the 1986-87 season.  When I mention this to
people, they are usually surprised and ask about the NC$$-tournament team
from two seasons ago.  The longest streak of that season was four games.
(Actually, five if you count the two ties with Maine that eventually
turned into forfeit-wins).

   - Steve