George Costanza Wrote:

>not throw anything on the ice at any time, I would like to know if they
>agree or disagree with the octopus being thrown out on the ice (is this
>the Red Wings).  It would seem to me, that if you say that people cannot
>throw things on the ice, it would include this.  Am I correct?

        The octopus being thrown on the ice in Detroit has been a long
tradition, however, it is one that the NHL wants broken due to delays in
games. Last year during the playoffs the throwing of the octopus onto the
ice got way out of hand and caused delays in the games.  I think there
should be no reason for the misbehavior of the crowds.  It may be fun for a
short time, but does get old.