I was surprised that the commentators didn't go into it in more detail
during last night's Beanpot telecast (or maybe they did and I missed it)
but I know some people mentioned they wanted more info on the injured
Harvard players.

From the Boston Globe:

Five Harvard hockey players were injured in an automobile accident Sunday
night, and as a result two were not able to play in last night's Beanpot
game against Northeastern.

Sidelined were captain and center Brad Klonik of Bloomington, MN and
senior defenseman Peter McLaughlin of Needham.  Junior defenseman Marco
Ferrari of Stoneham, sophomore forward Henry Higdon of Greenwich, CT and
freshman defenseman Ben Storey of Ottawa, ONT were banged up but able to
play.

The accident occurred at appoximately 9 pm at the intersection of Memorial
Drive and John F. Kennedy St. in Cambridge.  McLaughlin was driving and
Konik was also in the front seat when another vehicle struck the car.  The
players were treated and released from Mt. Auburn hospital and Cambridge
City Hospital.

McLaughlin, who suffered lacerations, missed the first varsity game of his
career after playing in 114 straight.  Konik, Harvard's leading scorer
with 9 goals and 21 assists, suffered a neck injury.

"They were lucky, really lucky," said Harvard coach Ronn Tomassoni.
"Brad's neck is pretty stiff.  Peter was cut all over his face.  He took a
lot of stiches around his nose, mouth and forehead.  Storey took seven
stiches, Higdon took two and Ferrari wasn't cut.

"Thank God it wasn't worse.  It was an awful thing that happened, but I'm
grateful it wasn't worse.

"The kids were coming back to school from McLaughlin's house, where
Peter's parents had a dinner party for the players and their families."