MACHNIK WROTE:

>for proof that you do not need to be in the ECAC to have a commitment
>to academics.

HERE WE GO.......

the post has nothing to do with "other" schools not having academic
excellence.......don't  start with that...especially now going into the
playoff scene.  All that I was trying to expound, was why the Ivy schools
play a relatively smaller schedule, and why other schools in the ECAC stay
there...or at least that's what I tried to say.