This was posted on Sunday, but I thought I'd drag it out again based
on the recent discussion.  The thought behind my post is IF two teams
end up tied in the standings, who would win the tiebreaker.  In the
race for the top 5 positions, only two of the possible scenarios are
still uncertain (both deal with St. Lawrence).  As was mentioned earlier,
Clarkson will not win any ties:

Team1           Team 2          Winner of Tiebreaker    Certainty
Vermont         St. Lawrence    St. Lawrence            Probable
Vermont         Clarkson        Vermont                 DEFINATE
Vermont         Cornell         Cornell                 DEFINATE
St. Lawrence    Clarkson        St. Lawrence            DEFINATE
St. Lawrence    Cornell         St. Lawrence            50/50 Guess
St. Lawrence    Colgate         Colgate                 DEFINATE
Clarkson        Cornell         Cornell                 DEFINATE
Clarkson        Colgate         Colgate                 DEFINATE
Cornell         Colgate         Cornell                 DEFINATE

The middle of the ECAC is also set in stone:

Team1           Team 2          Winner of Tiebreaker    Certainty
Harvard         Brown           Harvard                 DEFINATE

Ties near the bottom of the conference are also set in stone.  The only
one that is not definate is Union/Yale.  Unfortunately, that doesn't
count for anything this season, as a tie will be in last place.

Team1           Team 2          Winner of Tiebreaker    Certainty
Rensselaer      Princeton       Princeton               DEFINATE
Rensselaer      Dartmouth       Rensselaer              DEFINATE
Rensselaer      Union           Rensselaer              DEFINATE
Rensselaer      Yale            Rensselaer              DEFINATE
Princeton       Dartmouth       Princeton               DEFINATE
Princeton       Union           Union                   DEFINATE
Princeton       Yale            Princeton               DEFINATE
Dartmouth       Union           Union                   DEFINATE
Dartmouth       Yale            Dartmouth               DEFINATE
Union           Yale            Winner of Union/Yale game (probable)

If you would like to know how I made these decisions, either email
me privately or check out the hockey-l archives.
--
from: LTJG Kenneth A. Pavelle, NOAA
      NOAA, National Weather Service

      My Homepage:  http://www.abrfc.noaa.gov/kap.html

"Its hard to predict anything, especially the future" -- Yogi Berra