Via Deron Treadwell, Barry Strassler wrote:

Hello friend:

     I just surfed on your Web site and find it interesting. I
write sports for the Silent News, a national newspaper for the
deaf.
     I am always looking for deaf athletes in your sport - are
there any? If so, could you share the information with me?
     Thank you very much.

Barry Strassler
Sports Editor
Silent News

Every June, former Blackhawk and Hall of Famer, Stan Mikita runs a hockey
school for the hearing impaired, in Chicago.  More than 300 hockey players of
all ages attend.  The camp is sponsored by the American Hearing Impaired
Hockey Assoc. (AHIHA).  Scholarships are awarded to those players who need
financial aid.  Stan is assisted by numerous current and former NHL players
as well as Gene Ubriaco, head coach of the Chicago Wolves (IHL) and Jeff
Sauer, head coach of the Univ. Of Wisconsin.  AHIHA is located at 1143 W.
Lake Street, Chicago, IL. 60607 (312) 226-5880.

I believe that the tryouts for the U.S. Hearing Impaired National Team were
conducted by AHIHA.

I also believe that Jim Kite of the San Jose Sharks,  runs a similar camp for
the hearing impaired in Canada.

Jack Berenzweig