A substantial amount of indigenous amber beverage (Catamount,  Long
Trail,  Otter Creek) was riding on last night's result among the
"expatriate" Clarkson and UVM communities.   Thank God the Golden Knights
came through in the unfriendly confines of the Cat-house.   I would have
been impoverished,  and my kids left with no milk to drink had the Knights
not managed the win.:-):-)

     Mortal enemies,  last night,  both groups will be pulling for both
green and gold teams tonight (as in the enemy of my enemy ...).

     Off the subject,  those posts from Jurassic Park regarding no checking
in the offensive zone were right on the mark.   As a certified dinosaur,  I
remember those days well at Walker.   I don't think we need to go back to
them  --  or to the two line pass rule.   Just call the game the way it is
written in the books.   Two steps maximum for a check,  no interference or
hook checking,  nothing from behind except an incidental push if the target
player turns,  call the marginal leg check,  don't let it go.   That still
leaves the potential for center ice injuries from "ambush hits" (using your
own player or traffic to screen your approach),  but most of these are
guilty of too many steps anyway  --  if you look at them closely.   Cracking
down on steps will eliminate a lot of that.

     -- Dick Tuthill