In what may be the worst game I have seen UND play in my three years
here, the Univeristy of North Dakota lost to Michigan Tech University.
Several factors lead many of us in the stands to immediately think that
it was going to be a long night.
                1st     2nd     3rd     final
Mich. Tech      2       3       2       7
U of Nodak      2       1       -       3

1.  The game was being played at noon on Saturday due to the High School
hockey tournament.  Day games are usually not friendly to UND.
2.  UND had a week off before the series.  Furthermore, Monday's practice
was considered to be the worst of the year.
3.  The band sounded bad.  The light in the projector didn't work.
Balloons kept falling from the ceiling onto the ice...

Anyway, besides about 10 minutes late in the second period, this game was
all MTU.  Uncharicteristically (sp?), UND allowed MTU several
breakaways.  UND defense also saw several breakdowns.  Several Sioux
players should have received assists on some of the MTU goals.  I could
go on..but why?

Quick Notes:
        UND Goalie Kvalevog received very little help from the defense on
the first two goals, but he seemed to fall apart in the second as MTU
scored two goals 18 seconds apart.
        MTU played a very slow, boring pace and this seemed to work well
for them.  MTU played very controled hockey, but at the right times
exploded for their goals.
        UND's week off certainly showed.  the Sioux seemed to play tired,
uninspired hockey.

        Today's game will finalize the playoff picture, if UND wins, they
will host UW.

        Prediction:
        UND - 4  MTU - 3
                                                        CBell
|/////Vancouver Canucks #1 in 95-96!!\\\\\\||| This message is from |
|<<<<<Sioux yeah yeah!>>>>>                |||    >> da haus <<     |
| Latest college hockey polls: finger -m -l [log in to unmask] |
[log in to unmask]  meteorologist|
|Today's forecast:  Partly, mostly with a slight chance of weather  |