Wow. First online resignation I've seen since Ric Schafer.
 ------------
The following is the statement issued by Bryan Masotta concerning his
leaving RPI, as printed in the Troy Record today (2/23/96).

Just over two years ago, based on my performance, stand-up style and
potential, I was offered a full scholarship to RPI by former head coach
Buddy Powers.  At the time, Coach Powers and goalie coach Steve Duncan
assured me that RPI had the academic environment and athletic program well
suited to my skills and objectives. I enthusiastically accepted and looked
forward to playing for a great school like RPI.

While I enjoyed the academic offerings at RPI, my hockey experience was
quite different despite working hard over the last year and a half.
Principally, it has become apparent to me that the current coaching staff
prefers and encourages a style of goaltending unsuited to my abilities.
Therefore, with my personal well being and future development as a hockey
player in mind, I have decided that it is in my best interest to leave RPI
at this time.

I will miss my teammates, fellow students and hockey fans and wish them
well.