Yale's notes for their game at Merrimack tonight show their overall record
at 6-12-0 (prior to tonight's game, won by MC 5-2).  I had it at 5-11-0.
Included are their games in the Chill Out Tournament in Saskatoon over
Christmas vs Western Ontario (W) and Saskatchewan (L); the Austria game is
not included.

I had thought all of these games were to be considered exhibitions, but
maybe not.  Yale will play 33 games including an early-season exhibition vs
Dalhousie (exemptable) and the three games in the Chill Out Tourney.  I
can't say I know of anything that prevents Yale from counting the Chill Out
games in their record.  Since Yale is under the NCAA limit of 34 games,
they don't need to take a foreign tour exemption for the three games in
Canada.  But they probably needed some kind of exemption from the Ivy
League limit (29, I believe).

I'll change the status of the Yale-WOnt and Yale-Sask games to be
nonconference (non-DivI) in the next update of the schedules in the
archives, so that they match what Yale officially reports.  If anyone finds
out that Yale changes this in the future, please let me know.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93