I agree wholeheartedly with Eric's comments.  I also agree with John's
assessment, to a point.  I must say that I've "known" John long enough to
see a little frustration leaking through, at least enough to let him slide a
bit.  Besides, anyone who has the fortitude to accompany his squad to
Fairbanks in the winter (without a court order) is okay by me.

However, as a proud UAF alum, I feel compelled to stand up for my team and
my alma mater.  I'm more than a little ashamed at Bob Schwark's play but,
like Eric, I don't think anyone on the UAF squad is playing the role of
headhunter.  Never in the history of the program dating back through the
Shafer and Lucia and Laurion eras has UAF fielded such a team or a player.
Frustration on the ice can lead to all sorts of unseemly behavior.  I'm not
condoning what Bob did, I'm just offering an explanation of what I belive to
be an isolated incident.

I must also say that I'm extremely proud of what UAF has accomplished thus
far this season, their first as full CCHA members.  All the preseason polls
showed the Nanooks finishing either last or next-to-last.  I don't
completely share Eric's fear of a total collapse, as I think UAF can hold on
for a 6th or 7th place finish in light of their remaining schedule.  I do
believe that the gulf between the top tier of the conference and the bottom
tier will remain throughout the season and the upcoming playoffs.

Does this mean we're past the BG/OSU thing? :)

From the state of brotherly love...

Mark J. Sonnier, C.P.M.
UAF '90