Ken Kretsch wrote:

>Jeez, you guys, there was hockey before 1994, you know...
>
>Greatest Games before the modern era:
>
>10. 1977 ECAC Semifinal betwixt BU and heavily favored New Hampshire. BU
>    comes from behind to beat UNH in what has to be the biggest swing
>    in momentum that I've ever seen in any sport
>    (excluding the Buffalo/Houston steroid-ball playoff)
>
>9.  1978 Bean Pot semifinal betwixt BU and BC. The Terriers and 4000 fans
>    celebrated BU's thrashing of the Eagles by spending two nights in
>    the snowbound Boston Garden. Highlight of the evening was the roar of
>    the crowd when it was anounced that the highways (and the MBTA)
>    were about to shut down.

>and the number one Greatest Game:
>
>1. Considering the team was basicly a college all-star team, I'd have to
>   pick the USA/USSR game in the 1980 Olympics

I don't mean to insult anyone, but I agree with Ken.  I've been involved
with College Hockey in one way or another for over 10 years, and I do not
feel that the best games I can remember are the greatest games in
history.  Perhaps a few of them are historically great games, but most of
my memories would primarily show how limited my historical perspective is.

Dave Aiello
Chatham Township Data Corporation
31 Birchwood Road
Denville, NJ 07834-1224 USA