Hmmm.  So the choice is to either let Sauer finish running the Wisconsin
program into the ground, or let Walsh come in and have it thrown on
probation.  I see this as a win-win for Gopher fans ;^)

Steve G
-------------
Original Text
From [log in to unmask] (The College Hockey Discussion List), on
1/11/96 2:45 PM:
On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Reed Munson wrote:

> In today's Minneapolis Star Tribune hockey blurb a strange rumor was
discussed
> regarding the future of coach Sauer at Wisconsin. The article claimed that
> rumor to the effect that Sauer would step down or be fired after this
season
> and Wisconsin would bring in Maine's suspended coach Walsh.
>
> Is this an idiotic rumor or what?

Wishful thinking by gopher fans? ;)

Carl Streeter                     |  "I'll forgive even GNU emacs as long
[log in to unmask]          |     as gcc is available" --Linus
Torvalds
Just another Perl hacker          |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper
time
Ask me about Debian/GNU Linux.    |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'"
--Dogbert