-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> But the penalties began to pile up, Mulhern leading the
> way. All in all though, the team seemed focused and mildly
> bent on drawing the "flag". this season is out of control.
> The embarrassment of pre-warm up fights, GM in 3 of the
> last 5 games.  It seems as though Gaudet may have fed his
> anxiety unto his players, and the crop is ready for
> harvesting.  The Bears are no longer the disciplined team
> they once were, and it appears it is by design.

I think this is a pretty good assessment, and I'm glad to see someone
from the Brown camp admitting that Gaudet's tactics have gotten out of
hand. It does seem to me to have gotten progressively worse ... teams
are a reflection of their coach, especially at the amateur level -- and
as I've said before, I think Gaudet spends way to much time and energy
goading referees - which in turn give his players the impression they
should be concerned about it too.

However, this isn't an instant change -- Brown is involved with most
penalty minute records in ECAC history, and those have taken place at
various times in Gaudet's reign, beginning and end.

About Princeton's Jon Kelley ... the fact he does not have mono is the
first good news Princeton has had this year. I'm not sure even the
biggest pessimist would have thought Princeton would have only 1 win so
far this year again a major Division-I team (the others coming against
Ottawa and Army). That win was Brown.
   Princeton started the season losing close games to good teams
(Lowell, Harvard, Colgate - all on the road) -- now they are just
getting smoked -- and by teams that should no way be beating them.
Yale, which I didn't think would win a game this year, started this
thing by winning an OT game at Baker rink with 2 seconds left -- a win,
which Princeton should've done, would've made them 2-3, which would've
been the Tigers best start in the league in a while -- instead, it
dropped them to 1-4 again, and it's snowballed ever since.

AW