At 01:42 PM 1/9/96 -0500, Rob Cornelius wrote:
>The weekly hockey column in today's Cincinnati Enquirer had a couple
>columns on MiamiU goalie Eustice King, and mentioned that he is one of
>only 2 African Americans playing in Div1 hockey, along with Mike Grier.
>Is this the case? I'm sure there are others(Anson Carter comes to
>mind-though he may be Canadian of birth).
>
>My questions are: Is this guy wrong? and do Canadians refer to "persons
>of color" as African-Canadians?

He is wrong in saying King and Grier are the only two African-Americans.
Personally I can't attest to Carter, but Jamie Thompson is a forward on
UMaine's team, and he is an African-American.
Deron Treadwell                          e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Orono, Maine                                        Phone: (207) 581-6683
UMaine Hockey on the web:  http://maine.maine.edu/~dtread41/mehockey.html
          "Battles are fought with weapons, but men win wars."