Dave Hendrickson wrote:

> I would argue that Wins and Losses as well as GAA are totally
> meaningless in terms of comparing goalies, while save percentage is
> merely partially meaningful

So, how can you compare goalies?

> Clearly, however, he outplayed the BU goalies this past weekend.  He
> did so by a large margin over Laroque on Friday.  Laroque didn't
> just get the hook to give the Terriers a jumpstart.  And although
> the margin was a lot closer with respect to Noble on Saturday, it
> was a Boston newspaper (not a UML supporter) that initially referred
> to Fillion outgoaltending Noble.

I did not disagree, but if Fillion can have a poor game or two (which
was mentioned), then why is it not possible that Larocque can not
have a bad game?  More to the point, why not compare Fillion's stats
from last year when he was a freshman with those of Larocque's this
year?

Also, Fillion is 22.5 years old, while Laroque will be 20 on 10 March
while Noble will be 21 on 21 March.  Just another factor to consider.

Sean Pickett            E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Go Terriers  1995 NCAA, Hockey East and Beanpot Champions
BU Hockey:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/hockey.html
The Bedford Flag:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/flag.html
But I Digress:  http://www.tiac.net/users/spickett/bid.html