Re. the Hockey-L Poll

I've decided not to include Maine for the remainder of the season since
Maine won't be eligible for the NCAA Division I tournament. I disagree
with Mike that we're voting for the best teams in the country. If I
were picking the best teams in the country, I'd certainly include
Middlebury College as one of them. Since Middlebury doesn't qualify
for the Division I tournament, I don't include them either.

It may be useful to keep in mind that if the NCAA decides to suspend
Maine from participation in the Division 1 tournament, Maine will be
automatically excluded from the coaches' poll. Of course, the Hockey-L
poll isn't the same as the coaches' poll, but I'm trying to apply a
similar kind of reasoning.

Luiz F. Valente