Jill Maser quoth:

>And, if 50 shots were from 60 feet out, unobstructed, and right to the
>goalie's gut, I would not be impressed.  (Hey, I can stop anything you shoot
>right at me.)
>
>We can't tell what kind of shots they were from the box score.

True, but 50 shots in a hockey game is 50 shots. While many of these shots
might be blue-line slappers that head straight for the glove, many of these
shots are taken simply in hopes of gaining a rebound, or even a face-off to
the side of the goalie. Additionally, I've seen many a college goalie stare
straight at the puckhandler, watch him wind up and take a slapshot, and
still fan on the save.

Any goalie to survive a 50-shot barrage must be doing SOMETHING right.

>A good goalie must possess the qualities we all talked about:  physical
>prowess, mental toughness, and consistency.

Yes, but most of all, the ability to WIN GAMES, whatever his methods.

Greenie

S P O O N ! !
(go BU)