Oh,  so CC plays Air Force,  beats them,  and their RPI goes dowwwwnnn
(Mr. Tyler)???

     And last year,  didn't SLU go to Maine,  lose two,  and had their RPI
go up???

     No!!   Surprise,  surprise!!!   I think it is laughable that the RPI
goes to the trouble of subtracting the head-to-head games in order to avoid
inverse effects,  when its very FORM leaves it so vulnerable to those very
same effects.   And playing with the weighting factors is just tinkering,
 IMHO.   The additive relationship between Win% and whatever metric is used
for SOS is simply wrong.

     But  ...  by the same token,  don't look for any YAM2's until January.
  It's still early days for computer rankings.   Too early for my taste.

     -- Dick Tuthill