Jim Evans wrote:

>1. How can a team with "three Hobey Baker candidates" (Brian Bonin, Dan
>Trebil, Mike Crowely), "four all Americans" (add Ryan Kraft)- so says coach
>Doug Woog, find itself firmly in the middle of the WCHA?

As Pam Sweeney said, a couple of the teams have played extra games.  Also,
at this point, Minnesota has played the tougher schedule.  The three teams
at the top, Colorado College, Duluth and Denver, have yet to play each
other. The Gophers have played all three.  I'm hoping that we get a chance
in the near future to fatten up against some weaker teams (he says, hoping
Wisconsin doesn't get its problems straightened out).
  Minnesota's three losses have been in Houghton on the first weekend, in
Colorado Springs and against Denver at home.  I feel pretty good about what
has taken place so far.  It should be an interesting race to win the WCHA
this year.

J. Michael Jackson