It's interesting that SLU prefers the nickname "Skating Saints" to "Larries".
If I had to pick the one that I regard as being potentially more offensive to
somebody, I would pick "Saints".  I personally don't see why giving a team
from a non-denominational university a nickname with religious overtones is
any less offensive than the Indian nicknames which are being abandoned by
many schools.

Please note, I am not stating that I object to either of these nicknames,
just that Larries seems more innocuous.  (If SLU wants a new mascot, I know
where there is a Red Hawk available quite cheaply :-)

Ralph Baer
RPI '68, '70, '74