I was surfing the net last night and found a lengthy AP wire story on
Travis Roy.  Because I understand they are cracking down on reposting of
their articles I will only give a short summary of the article and the
articles URL.

The article begins by talking about past Roy family Christmas' and this
year's Christmas.  It then talks about his family and how close they are
and recaps some of the things that have made him so special.  The article
also discusses his current health and the progonsis for the future.  The
article concludes talking about all the letters of support he has
received, including from President Clinton and VP Gore, and all the
fundraising activities that either have or will occur in the near future
to help pay his medical bills.

The article was found on NandoNet in their Sports Server under other
sports, Dec. 24 1995.

The address is:
http//www.nando.net/newsroom/ap/oth/1995/oth/mor/feat/archive/122495/mor61928.html