A question for the NC$$ gurus out there.  I believe that when a team is placed
on probation current members of the team are held harmless and allowed to
transfer without sitting out a year.  However in this case, since the penalties
are self-imposed, I would think this wouldn't apply.  Of course the NC$$ may
elect to put the program on probation, but at this point that hasn't happended.

Are the current Maine players viewed the same as any athlete in an NC$$
sanctioned sport, i.e. they cannot play immediately after transfer?  Would any
player electing to transfer also lose eligibility years?  If I am correct, I
must express my empathy to the underclassmen on this year's team, and especially
the seniors, although ironically
Jeff Tory is one of them.  Has the Maine president's unilateral action in fact
unfairly affected the student athletes who were abused by the hockey system?

ONe other question to anyone, and especially those close to the Maine program.
Wasn't there some rumors on campus that the bomb was going to drop?  And how
did Walsh manage to bring in such blue chip recruits the last two years with
the black cloud hanging over the program?  Any perspective on this Deron?
Brian Morris                        RPI Engineers--1995 ECAC Champions