Nat Malen said:

>I think that if Wisconsin can have a home series with Minnesota, both games
>being played at the Bradley Center, then Minnesota should be able to do the
>same in Mariucci.

Who said that Minnesota can't????  It's their choice.  And, might I add, it's
all motivated by $$$$.  It's not like they're sitting in the athletic
department offices and discussing ways in which more Badger fans can come to
the games.  And, might I add, the Wisconsin athletic department is not
placing calls to Minnesota saying:  "Could you please hold one game in a
larger venue so that some of our fans can come and take away your team's home-
ice advantage?"

>I know the Target Center is a place where cheeseheads can come and watch the
>Badgers play, but to some extent is takes away the home ice advantage for
>Minnesota.  I think that if Wisconsin can play two games at their home
>arena, Minnesota should be able to do the same.

Like I said, this is not the motivation (it's Minnesota' choice to
capitalize on a large revenue game regardless of how many Badger fans they
may be inviting).  And please stop with the cheesehead crap.  It's a little
overdone.

>By the way, in response to Scott Hartz, I think the Gophers do well in the
>St. Paul Civic Center.  They had the final five there last year and although
>they finished third, they should have beaten Colorado College ( I was
>there), even though they lost in overtime 5-4(?).  Then they beat Denver to
>gain third.  That is better than they finished in the WCHA standings, so
>that seems good to me.

You just made Scott's point for him.  The fact of the matter is that
Minnesota has historically been unable to win the Final Five when
it's been played at the Civic Center.  A third place finish is nothing more
than expected, especially with a dramatic home-ice advantage (i.e. the
fans).  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but Minnesota has only won the
 Final Five once.....two years ago in Milwaukee, correct?  I don't have my
sources with me to check on it, but I believe it may be the case.

>Nat Malen
>UW-Eau Claire

Chuck Sackett
UW-Eau Claire (1993)