The November 20, 1995 issue of Sports Illustrated arrived today.  As
mentioned before, this is the issue with the article by E.M. Swift about
Travis Roy - 10 pages.

It's a wonderful article.  Much has been written already by many other
people, but the great thing about Swift's article is that it is almost
entirely devoted to giving the reader a deeper understanding of who Travis
Roy and his family are, spending only a couple of pages on the accident
itself.  I had heard a lot of things about Travis, but after reading this
article, I felt like I knew him.  That is the mark of a great writer, and I
felt it was a great honor that he did Travis by writing this piece in the
way that he did.  The part about the speech that Travis gave at Tabor on
his 20th birthday was especially moving.

I strongly encourage you to go out and buy this issue, or at least go down
to the library and read the article.  You'll be glad you did.

Mike Machnik                   [log in to unmask]            *HMM* 11/13/93