Arthur Berman writes in regard to the Maine/BU game, " All through the game,
including when it was close, there seemed to be no atmosphere or electricity at
Alfond.  Even though Alfond generally provides a tough experience for the
visitors even the BU people missed the cheering and anticipation."

I graduated from Maine in '92.  During that hockey season the Alfond was in the
process of being expanded.  I am wondering if the expansion of the Alfond has
had an effect in making the arena less intimidating to opponents ?   I wonder if
the lower seats are now season tickets and the students have been displaced
further back creating an atmosphere less effective in taunting of opposing
players?