I'm proud to announce that a volunteer contingent of Michigan
hockey boosters are organizing fundraisers for BU's Travis
Roy.  Volunteers will be stationed inside Yost Ice Arena prior
to and during Michigan's next two home games, November 17-18.
They will be accepting donations for the Travis Roy Fund.  If
all goes well, they plan to do the same for Michigan's home
game versus Lake Superior on December 8 also.  Persons
not planning to attend any of the above games my contribute
by sending a check (payable to: Travis Roy Fund) to:

  The Dekers
  POBox 2065
  Ann Arbor MI 48106-2065

Once the funds from the games and the POBox have been
collected, they will be forwarded to the Travis Roy Fund in
Medford MA.

A fundraiser is also being planned for the Great Lakes
Invitational tournament.  I will post details as they become
finalized.

If you're planning to be at Yost for any of the above games,
please stop by and say hello...and bring your checkbook.
I'll be parked inside the main concourse with a "Pray For
Travis" bucket.

I know that many other schools have already taken similar
steps.  If your school hasn't, I encourage you to take the
initiative to get the ball rolling.

John Haeussler - Univ of Michigan - [log in to unmask]