Yep!  Someone for Wisconsin did it back in the early 80s.  I think (but will
not swear) it was Dave
Maley.  I don't even remember who it was against, but UW was using the 1-2
kill formation when one
of the defensemen at the point skulled the puck trying to pass it to the
other point.  As a result, the
puck went to the middle of the ice and stopped!  Maley (I think) was the
first one there and scored
on the break-away.  The opponent may've been North Dakota (but that may just
be wishful thinking).

Steve G.

P.S.  I also think that the teams combined to score 4-5, 5-4, 4-4, 3-3, and
5-5 in that same game.

---------------------------original
message-------------------------------------
Through all my years watching the CCHA (since 1973-74), one of the most
unique
things I have witnessed was someone scoring a 3-on-5 shorthanded goal.

Bowling Green's Dan Bylsma (currently with the Phoenix Roadrunners)
accomplished this on December 6, 1991, at Western Michigan.

BG was killing a penalty (a double minor to Sean Pronger/now with the
Baltimore
Bandits) and after missing a offensive scoring chance, Bowling Green's Jim
Solly (now in the ECHL) was whistled off for holding.  The face-off took
place
in the neutral zone, Bylsma won the draw went around a defenseman and scored
past Craig Brown (now in the ECHL) just seven seconds after Solly's penalty.
Bylsma's goal put BG in front 5-0, WMU scored a 5-3 power play goal 1:12
later
to start a four goal run.  BG won 5-4.

Has anyone else scored a 3-on-5 shorthanded goal?

Jeff Weiss, CCHA