Yesterday,the UNH Wildcats practiced for the first time in their new
yet-to-be-named arena.  Coach Dick Umile let his team on the ice only after
taking the first skate himself, telling his players that "I've been here
longer than you."  Greg stopped in the arena last night after the monthly
Friends of UNH Hockey meeting, and was pretty excited when he got home.  It's
hard to believe that this arena will *really* open on Friday.  And, what
better way to do it, with the defending national champs!!  I think that these
will be two exciting  games between two very talented teams.  After reports
that UNH's defense played very well against Maine, I am hopeful that they
will continue that trend against the oustanding Terrier forwards.  And I'm
*really* looking forward to the Jay Pandolfo/Mark Mowers matchup.

Counting the days,

Karen Ambrose
UNH '72
Go Blue!!!