Those of us in that "Outside" group, as Mike called it, truly
appreciated it when he added the teams to the composite schedule.
While I don't think all of the schools mentioned are completely
agreed on directions the programs might take, there has been
agreement to try to play more games against each other.  That might
lead, sometime down the road, to a "low cost" Division I hockey
conference.  If you look at the schools that could potentially be
involved (Canisius, Iona, Fairfield, Villanova, UConn, Holy Cross,
Army, and perhaps Niagara)), it could be a rather neat -- and
competitive -- group.

One sign of progress on this is the scheduling  of two tournaments this
season:  The Canisius NCAA I Showcase on November 24 & 25 (Canisius,
UConn, Villanova, Iona) and the Holy Cross Tournament January 5 & 6
(Holy Cross, Canisius, Fairfield, Iona).
Dr. Stephen E. Roth                [log in to unmask]
Dean of Student Services
Canisius College                            (716) 888-2522
Buffalo, New York 14226                 FAX (716) 888-3190