re: gopher maroon/gold sweaters:
Probably for Mariucci Classic but I wouldn't think for the UW series.

Speaking about the UW series, who amongst the list readers hates the
Target Center for hockey as much as I do? I hate that they have one of the
UW series games at the Target center. Why I hate the Target center:

The seats in the lower level are too shallow a slant - or in other words
not steep enough.

Nothing against the band, but at the Target center the band is
intermingled amongst the student section, making it hard to see the ice
through the tangle of trombones, bass drums, and sousa phones.

I hate driving/parking in downtown mpls

I appreciate the sentiment of having one of the games at a bigger arena so
the cheeseheads can come and see their badgers play the gophers, but I'd
rather see the game in Mariucci or in the Civic center in St. Paul.

Maybe if the boneheads who run the Metro Sports Commission wouldn't have
torn down a perfectly good Met Center I wouldn't be having this soapbox.