Clarkson over BG 5-3

        Saturday's Clarkson-BG game was a lot like Friday's; either
team could have won or lost two this weekend, so the split is an
accurate indicator of what transpired.  Saturday's game was rougher.
Each team "ran" the opposing goalie a few times, which brought on the
inevitable scrums.  The player of the game was unquestionably Clarkson's
Jean-Francois Houle, who made about four great moves in scoring
a short-handed goal with the score tied 3-3 at about 14:00 in the
third.  Houle was terrific all night.  Todd White did almost the
same thing a few minutes later, except it was technically not short-
handed (Todd was where he was on the ice because CU was killing a
penalty, which expired as Todd was racing from the BG blueline to
the goal mouth).  The move he put on Savard was a thing of beauty.
Speaking of Savard, he is a terrific goalie.  He can really handle
his stick (he had an assist Saturday).  I haven't seen such a high level
of skill in this area at Cheel since our own Chris Rogles a few years
ago.  He must be great to play with.  Of course, Clarkson's Dan Murphy
was as good or better, just not in the stickhandling category.

Officiating:
        Same crew as the night before (Ammian, R; Gallagher R; Boyer L)
They were not as good as the night before.  I give them a A for Friday,
but a C+ for Saturday.  Boyer, for example, missed a BG offside when
the player was about seven feet into the zone;  Gallagher looked right at
a blatant slash and did nothing; Harry watched two hits from behind,
about ten seconds apart, and called the second, although the first was
far worse.  There was also a clear "makeup call," but I forget which of
the referees called it.  Still, better officiating than we often get.
One tends to forget how good Harry CAN be.  He is one of the few
officials who has truly gotten better over the years, IMHO.