Perviously I wrote:

>> Would it be possible to take a Moving average of say the last 20 or so games
>> played (including the previous season,may or may not include the Playoffs) to

To Which Mr. Edwards responded:

>Including the previous season in any ranking is rather silly. That certainly
>has nothing to do with how a team is now.

Gee, I don't know how SILLY it is, seeing that most Corporate forecasting is
based on historical data, and moving averages. This, in the face of ever
changing market conditions.  The NFL bases its schedule on the PREVIOUS year's
W/L records and a teams finishing position.

As I stated,  this COULD help the begining of the season (were most of the
complaining occurs) and would have no effect on the end of the season.

Maybe someone could get the formula that USA TODAY uses in its College
Basketball computer rankings and modify it to apply to College Hockey.

But, then again maybe I'm just being SILLY.  ah, way then should we even keep
Score?