Deron Treadwell wrote:

> You can still drop by losing games, but HEAL doesn't discriminate between
>>losses.

This, of course, is exactly the problem.  The situation between Minnesota
and Colorado College the Charlie Shub has talked about will sort itself out
as the season goes along and their schedules look more comparable.  Other
problems won't, though.  If one is worried about the relative positions of
Air Force, RPI, etc., don't wait for it to get any better.
  A system that doesn't care who a given loss is to is hopelessly flawed.
Losing twice to RPI ought to be a black hole in Air Force's record, but in
this system it isn't; those look just like the losses Michigan has to
Western and Minnesota.  This is so obviously absurd that it really defies
any grasp of logic.
  The only defense I can come up with is that most (unfortunately not all)
of these goofy circumstances live towards the bottom half of the rankings.
Teams in this area should be defining the success or failure of their
season on more subjective criteria than a poll.  Actually, we all should,
but that's a sort of fantasyworld.

J. Michael Jackson